Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Your First Webpage!!!!

I realized that I never taught you guys how to create a basic webpage! Well, time to start!

First, you need a code editor. I work with Windows, so sorry those guys out there with Mac and Linux.. Really sorry. I'm just not familiar with those computers.

On Windows, look for something called notepad. You can probably do a search for it from your start search bar. Once you open it up, type this:

Hello there! Just trying this out.


Or you can type any message you want.

Then, save it as "myfirstwebpage.html" or whatever you want to name it (just make sure you have the ".html" part!) I'd create a special folder called "myfirstwebpage". Then, go to that folder and double click on your file! It should open up in your default browser and look something like this:












(I use Google Chrome)

Now, you need to add HTML and structure. Now try this:

<html>
<head>
    <title>My First Webpage</title>
</head>
<body>
    <h1>Name's First Webpage!</h1>
    <p>Hello there! Just trying this out.</p>
</body>
</html>


(Replace Name after <h1> with your name!!!)

Now it should more like this:





















There! That's better and a lot more professional! We can work on making it look prettier tomorrow! (What's your favorite color? Font? Picture?)

No comments:

Post a Comment