Friday, January 24, 2014

What in the WORLD does ALL that mean???

So we created a website, but all I had you do was copy some code, right? Well, let's figure out what it means!

This is the basic code we started out with:

<html>
<head>
    <title>My First Webpage</title>
</head>
<body>
    <h1>Name's First Webpage!</h1>
    <p>Hello there! Just trying this out.</p>
</body>
</html>

And this is what it looked like:














HTML is basically made up of elements. This is a really good diagram I took a picture of from the book (when I say "the book" I mean Learning Web Design: A Beginner's Guide to (X)HTML, Style Sheets, and Web Graphics):
















Another example is  <h1>Name's First Webpage!</h1>.   means Heading 1. Heading 1 is the biggest/most important heading. Headings go from h1 to h6 , h6 being the least important.

I'll explain some more tags and elements tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment